Car Care Fuel Saving Tips
- Damaged, loose, and/or missing gas caps cause 147 million gallons of gas to vaporize every year.
- Under-inflated tires increase the rolling resistance of your vehicle and can cost you one to two miles of fuel per gallon.
- Worn spark plugs cause misfiring, which wastes fuel.
- Dirty air filters result in too much gas being burned for the amount of air.
- Replacing a clogged air filter can improve gas mileage as much as 10%, saving about $.20 cents or more per gallon.